My Flight to Aussie (and how I got to Ormond College)

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My flight to Aussie was on the 3rd at 9.45 pm (Malaysian) so we had to be there at about 7 pm (Malaysian). My dad, my mom and Tim went to KLIA with me to send me off. We were a little late, though cause we went and visit Sam for my sake(It was the last time I'd be seeing Sam till i go back to Malaysia). My friend whom I was travelling with, Chloe, was already there waiting for me. We had to wait really long to check in cause the systems were down for quite awhile. Which was okay, i guess, cause Chloe and i got up graded to business class seats somehow. The air stewardess kinda did a double take before pointing for us to go to the business class section.

Chloe and I didn't even know we given business class seats until we boarded the plane. Just minutes before, Chloe was just teasing the other girls cause their tickets read 'Economy Class' while ours read 'Business Club Class'. I didn't think much of it and by the way she was teasing, i knew she didn't think much of it as well. So, we were kinda suprised when we were pointed to got to the business class section. I told Chloe she should joke more often.

We boarded the plane at about 9.20 pm. Chloe and I were really eager for the plane to depart. So, we were really happy when the plane started moving. Chloe was like, "Why aren't we flying yet?" And we were really disappointed when the plane slowed down. Apparently, there were some technical errors. They served us some snacks and drinks. We only left at about 11.45 to 12 pm (Malaysian) which was like 2 hours later than the time we were suppose to depart. I just thank God that they realised it before we departed.

After we were in the air, Chloe started playing games and i started watching a movie while they served us our dinner which was buns and fruit, satay, prawn salad and beef steak with gravy and potatoes. The air stewardess even asked us whether we wanted desert which was apple and cinnamon something. But, Chloe and I were too full! We didn't even finish our beef steak!

Then, we went to sleep at about 2 am (Malaysian). It was so super comfy! Cause you can put the seats about all the way down. But, the flight was quite shaky so, Chloe kept on jerking out of sleep. I slept pretty well, I guess. I usually can't sleep properly on airplanes, so yeah.

At about 6 am (Malaysian), they turned on the lights to wake up those who want breakfast. They served us buns and all with fruits and juice. Chloe had her favourite, apple juice! While I had orange. After we finished our breakfast it was about time to land.

The landing was painful! At least for me. Both my ears were blocked! And i couldn't hear Chloe a couple of times when she was talking to me. And it was really painful! One thing i hate about flights is that the taking off and landing gives you ear blocks! One ear was really bad. The other not so bad but still blocked!!

Anyways, then we went out of the airplane. And one side of my ear was still blocked! We waited for the other girls to come out. All together there were 10 of us. While we were taking our luggage, we saw a cute little beagle being trained to sniff for illegal stuff. It was really cute. My luggage was easy to spot as I tied a bright purple plastic bag on the handle. Chloe was helping me look for my luggage cause I was taking care of our hand luggages. She was like, "Her luggage has a purple plastis bag tied to it. Oh! There it is!" *grabs the luggage with the help of Mei Li and Jessica. Mei Li saw her luggage go around twice but missed it twice! Finally, the last time, we managed to get it.

Then, we went through the declaration thinggy. And went out to meet the person who was supposed to bring us to the college. Apparently, she has waited for us for 2 hours plus and had to wait for some girls from New Zealand so, we had to get taxis by ourselves. So, we got 2 Maxi taxis, 5 girls in each taxi, to bring us to the college. Our taxi driver didn't know where is Ormond College and was expecting us to know. He was pissed of when HE got to the wrong place and blamed in on us. Luckily, we didn't get lost. The college was only on the opposite side.

Our taxi fee was extra compared to the the other group's fee, though. It was quite alot more. I think nearly ten dollars more. That's expensive. Oh well..

I'll continue my days in Ormond College in another post. I wanna go eat Tim Tams now. And Smith's. (For those people who haven't been to Aussie and have no idea what in the world are Tim Tams and Smith's well, Tim Tams are really absolutely fantastic chocolates and Smith's are really nice yummy chips that you usually can't get in Malaysia unless you know where to get them. And it's really expensive in Malaysia). That was suppose to make your mouth water!

Gotta go now. My stomach's calling out for snacks!

Love ya'll.

Miss me!

8 responses:

deJelly said...

would absolutly love to hear more about u in aussie...!

take care kim ; )

Anonymous said...

Hey.....finally updated =D

Anonymous said...

updated after years . nice post !!!!!!

Kimmy said...

haha! yes.. after many many years i finally decided to update my blog. =) hope you all enjoyed reading it!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kim
well, nice to hear from you from australia!

haha...
of course, go to australia with aeroplane, ears sure blocked very painful...
anyway, are you in australia with your family or your friend?

well, your blog is quite nice and interesting, and i wanna to know more about you in australia....haha

bye,
your friend,
Joyce...

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD JOYCE BUX ACTUALLY COMMENTED? wakakak..

KIM! WE MISS YOU! TELL USMORE ABT AUSSIE!

ps. when u get back, i request freddo chocs and nerd ropes :D

Anonymous said...

well. australia's a nice place. esp gold coast... haha. make sure u let me noe where u're staying k. i go find u the next time, which will be quite soon...

User said...

=) glad you're having a great time there Lyn.=') teary once again.ahah i read the comment you put on my blog.Longest one i ever got.

 
All the world's a stage - by Templates para novo blogger 2007